ENROLLMENT IS NOW OPEN!
APPLICATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS.
If you are a parent or caretaker and want to know if your child is eligible for On My Way Pre-K, please dial 2-1-1 or 1-877-502-0700 or visit www.onmywayprek.org.
3 Easy Steps to Apply:
Step 1: Fill out and submit an application.
Step 2: After receiving an enrollment packet in the mail, call 1-800-589-3506 and follow the prompts for On My Way Pre-K schedule an appointment with Brightpoint. Complete enrollment forms and select an On My Way Pre-K approved provider.
Step 3: Attend scheduled appointment at Brightpoint to verify eligibility. Bring all required documentation to the appointment.
Required Documents to Complete Enrollment Process:
Paper applications must be either emailed, faxed, or mailed to Brightpoint:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 884.510.5775 | Mail: 227 E. Washington St., Fort Wayne, IN 46802
What is On My Way Pre-K?
On My Way Pre-K is the state-funded pilot project administered by the Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA) through the Office of Early Childhood and Out of School Learning (OECOSL). The primary goal of the On My Way Pre-K Pilot Program is to promote access to high-quality early childhood education programs for low-income children. Five counties in the state were selected to participate in the pilot project based on demonstrated readiness to successfully implement the project. The program has expanded to serve 15 additional counties. The counties participating include Allen, Bartholomew, DeKalb, Delaware, Elkhart, Floyd, Grant, Harrison, Howard, Jackson, Kosciusko, Lake, Madison, Marion, Marshall, Monroe, St. Joseph, Tippecanoe, Vanderburgh, and Vigo.
Who can participate in On My Way Pre-K?
On My Way Pre-K provides tuition grants to eligible families who:
- Live in DeKalb County
- Are seeking high-quality early childhood education
- Have a 4-year-old child (by August 1) who is not eligible for Kindergarten
- Have a household income at or below 127% of the federal poverty guideline
- Have all parents/guardians in the household working OR attending an accredited/certified education or training program
What is an Approved On My Way Pre-K Provider?
- A licensed center, licensed home provider, registered ministry, or public school rated at a Level 3 or Level 4 on the Paths to QUALITY™, which is Indiana’s childcare quality rating and improvement system.
- A private school that has achieved a national or regional accreditation for Pre-K by an approved accrediting body.
- Approved by the Office of Early Childhood and Out of School Learning.
If you are interested in donating to On My Way Pre-K, please contact Dawn Mason at 260-927-0995.
If you have any questions about the On My Way Pre-K program, please contact Kim Fullove at 260-585-6443.